Wednesday 1 January 2014

Let Go of Comparing?

I am my own person I am not com pairing myself to anyone! I know I'm surely guilty of this and I'm sure many of you out there do as well.

As a psychology student I have learned about categorization and culture, I have learned about locus of control and I have learned about stereotypes. None of this not a single bit of it has prepared me for the voice in my head that wants to compair me to standards, protocols, people, protocols and everything else under the sun to make me feel bad about being me.

The truth is folks we are ALL different every last one of us. Even though we may have things in common with each other we are never going to be identical twins, even they are different from each other and they share the same DNA.

So what is this preoccupation with being like everyone else? Is it a social requirement? Is it our hive mine reminding us we must not deviate from the plan? I know it's the Borg ! They want to assimilate us into a collectivist thought process that works only if we follow the leader. Really it's okay to be different and we should be proud of those differences because with out them we would be plain lifeless blobs that agree about everything *yawn*

But how do we change it how do we stop looking at everyone else and compairing everything from out body size to our relationship with what they have?

The answer is simple really by keep our nose in our own business! But Rin I'm not nosey! 

Sorry doll you are.. We all are and this is part if the problem we spend far to much time looking at the lives of others think of all the energy we expend keeping up with the proverbial Jonses of the world. Strike the words I wish I had from your vocabulary and go get your own. Stop pining away over the gorgeous size 0 you work with or see at the grocery store if you want to be her have at it, the power to change is in the mind and hands of every human being! You just have to take the first step away from trying to be like everyone else and be your own damn self
because I guarantee those people you are pining over don't even know you exist , if they do it's just to suck the energy out of you as one of their adoring fans. People like that told their voices to shush a long time ago, got off their rumps and chased down their dreams, now they have everything you want because they made it happen.

Meanwhile there you sit pie-eyed and dreamy that someday will come. Sound piece of advice ? Get off your rump and make today that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment